How do I make an Insurance claim?
Please call WSC Insurance Brokers (Free call) 1300 733 476 when something happens that you believe will result in a claim being made. Our office hours are 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday. However, for after hours service contact Stewart Maher on 0414 266 216.
What you must do when you make a claim
A. You must make your claim as soon as possible after you suffer a loss. Undue delays may prejudice your insurer by escalating the amount of the claim, incurring unnecessary legal costs or preventing any recovery action against third parties.
B. You must also:
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent any further loss from occurring.
- Advise the nearest police station if your property is lost or stolen, vandalised or maliciously damaged. Your insurer may ask for a written report from the police.
- Keep the property that has been damaged so that it may be inspected if required.
- Tell us about any prosecution or inquest that may be held.
- Send us any document relating to your claim within 72 hours of you receiving the document.
C. In relation to the Goods and Services Tax (GST), you must provide information, where requested. It is important that you provide us with:
- Your Australian Business Number (ABN) if applicable.
- Whether or not you are registered for GST.
- The amount of input tax credit you have claimed on the GST applicable on the premium.
If you do not give us all the information we ask for, it may affect the amount paid for your claim.
What you must NOT do when you make a claim
a. You must not repair or replace any damaged property (Plate Glass shop fronts excluded) without the insurers consent.
b. Do not pay, promise to pay, or offer payment, or admit responsibility for a claim.